2011年6月22日星期三

Parenting Aspergers Parents

What’s more, each of them lived in different homes. This resulted in their son having two houses to get used to (when he spent time with each parent), which meant different routines, a lack of stability, and increased anxiety for all concerned.
Grab A Copy Click here
So after my assessment, I felt extremely frustrated as I wasn’t able to offer any practical help.

I wanted to do what I could to assist this family, but I couldn’t, and that gnawed at me.

Meeting this family (and seeing their suffering and pain) sparked my desire to find out more, and I made it my mission to find out as much as I could about Aspergers.

In layman’s terms, Aspergers is a developmental disability which affects the way your child develops and understands the world around them, and directly linked to their senses and sensory processing. This means they often use these behaviors to block out their emotions or response to pain.

Although they may vary slightly from person to person, children with Aspergers tend to have similar symptoms, the main ones being:

Grab A Copy Click here

? Difficulties with social functioning, particularly in the rough and tumble of a school environment

? Sensory issues, where they are oversensitive to bright light, loud sounds and unpleasant smells

? Obsessive interests, with a focus on one subject to the exclusion of all others

? Social isolation and struggles to make friends due to a lack of empathy, and an inability to pick up on or understand social graces and cues (such as stopping talking and allowing others to speak)

? A rigid Insistence on routine (where any change can cause an emotional and physiological meltdown)

? A need to know when everything is happening in order not to feel completely overwhelmed

Grab A Copy Click here

没有评论:

发表评论